WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

12

WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

cfwebmaster
Administrator

Please VOTE and feel free to reply with your comments!
How do you rate "When The Boys Meet The Girls?"
“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”  ~ Margaret Thatcher

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

cfwebmaster
Administrator

Official Movie Trailer / Source:  TCM.com

Hum...doesn't anyone like "When the Boys Meet The Girls?"
“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”  ~ Margaret Thatcher

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

jeansouth
This movie was enjoyable and a departure for Connie in the role she played.
Two memorable songs included in the film are "Embraceable You" and
"But Not For Me" sung beautifully by Connie along with co-star Harve Presnell.

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

I enjoyed  especially "Embraceable You" also, but I have to say the movie itself was not my favourite one.Connie`s other three movie I really enjoyed  especially WTBA the movie that launched Connie to new heights.It was the beginning of Spring Break for all teens and put Fort Lauderdale on the map.Connie has never looked back since that movie was and is Iconic

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

The highlight for me in this movie was "Mail Call".

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

DebbieDowner
She names just about every US city and state in that song!

She sings the theme song from that film is really great. I actually like the song "When The Boys Meet The Girls" every bit as much as "Where The Boys Are". I would hate to have to choose between those two songs.

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

jeansouth
Administrator
I agree Debbie, both songs are wonderful, and I'd also be hard-pressed
to pick one over the other.

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

Eric
I enjoyed watching Connie perform "Mail Call "in the film but my favourite song from that sountrack has to be "When The Boys Meet The Girls". My number one favourite Connie song from her films is "Follow The Boys" with "When The Boys Meet The Girls" coming second.

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

Hi Eric.  My favorite film song is still "Where The Boys Are". When she launches into that first word, "Where...," the goose bumps start. Her other film songs don't exactly have that same effect on me, but my second favorite is "Follow The Boys". I'm not a Gershwin fan, so the music from "When The Boys Meet The Girls" are not among my favorites.

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

Hi Eric and Fran,I`m a fan of "Where the Boys are" also and I agree about "Follow the Boys" a very close second for me.Actually all of Connie`s movie themes are really good but these are my favorites.

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

jeansouth
Administrator
Hi All,  since we are talking about songs from Connie's films, what would be
your all time favorite title from all of them?
Two that stand out for me are from "Follow The Boys";
'Waiting For Billy' & 'Italian Lullaby'.

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

jeansouth
Administrator
From Connie's made for TV film "Sister and The Savage" I also
really like "One Of Those Songs".  We really could go on forever
because nearly every one of Connie's titles are outstanding!
What an incredible talent Our "First Lady Of Song" is!!

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

jeansouth
When I said 'title', I meant 'favorite song', not the title song from the movie.

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

Understood Jean,"Follow the Boys" stands out for me but I too like "Waiting For Billy" and I know a Billy who believes Connie was singing this song just to him lol

Administrator
Another one I like is "But Not For Me", from 'When The Boys Meet The Girls'

Administrator
OK folks, after "Follow The Boys" and "When The Boys Meet The Girls" my next favourite song from Connie's films is "Whoever You Are I Love You". Her Spanish version of this song "Por Una Razon" is also in my top 500 Connie songs!!!

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

jeansouth
Great choice Eric!   "Whoever You Are I Love You" is lovely!

> OK folks, after "Follow The Boys" and "When The Boys Meet The Girls" my next favourite song from Connie's films is "Whoever You Are I Love You". Her Spanish version of this song "Por Una Razon" is also in my top 500 Connie songs!!!

Re: WHEN THE BOYS MEET THE GIRLS (1965)

Hans
This post was updated on .
German lobbycard