USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

garryabhb
Go Ahead....Say it! "oh no! he's at it again!!!!!"
while cruising ebay yesterday, I located and purchased a USA made pressing of this late 1961 release on a YELLOW label....I seem to have a fixation for USA pressing yellow MGM label rarities...this one blew me away. Somewhere, there was a record pressing plant that uncovered a stock of yellow labels to use far beyond the usual late 1959 switchover to the black multi color MGM label....the last single commonly found with the yellow label is Among My Souvenirs...(there are even copies of the previous single Your Gonna Miss Me that were pressed on the new black label) ....for those who haven't read my other link and are unfamiliar with my "condition",  I had only seen the first 3 LPS (Who's Sorry Now?, The Exciting, and My Thanks to You) pressed in the USA with the yellow label... Last year I found a copy of the Dec 1959 release Connie's Greatest Hits that was a USA pressing with the Yellow Label. I was thrilled to get it....
Since then, I have also seen for sale on ebay black label copies of the WSN? 7" 4 song EP'S....please share your own collection finds with us here....and to all those who really care about such things....thank you and goodnight!

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

Terry Murtaugh
Gary,  Loved reading about your excitement about the yellow labels.  Thanks for sharing!  I enjoy hearing about fellow Connie fans' excitement about any aspect of her records and career.   My yellow label excitement has been limited to finding her 45's before "Who's Sorry Now" -- great treasures.

My wife and I were in Ft. Lauderdale last month....she does NOT understand why I'm thrilled every time I see the street plaque on the sidewalk honoring Connie Francis and the 50 year anniversary of the "Where the Boys Are" movie.  It's across the street from the historic Elbow Room bar featured in the movie.  I hope all Connie's fans get a chance to see it.

In the meantime, "Go Connie Go!"

Terry

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

garryabhb
thanks for commenting...there is like "nil" activity here these days.

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

HI Garry,your right not much activity here most fans go to Connie Facebook page these days.
Did  you notice the post for Connie`s CD with Elvis at the opening to the site.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Love-Me-Tender-Heartbreak-Hotel/dp/B01NAE16CY/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1481560290&sr=1-1&keywords=connie+%26+elvis

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

garryabhb
Hi Pat...greetings! yes, I did...I prefer CF's Heartbreak Hotel, and always have! I understand most folks use the facebook page....I was hoping for more fan to fan input / action here. I am still hoping there will be CD's forthcoming....the wonderful legitimate release items thru Polygram/Pendalum stopped way too soon.... they would have definitely sold more had the entire English releases portion not been already issued on the pricey German box sets...hopefully, there will be some nice compilation discs of  the later  material issued thru Concetta.....thanks again....Garry G

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

Terry....last night I noticed there was another one of these MGM yellow label When the Boy/BFC 45's available from a seller in FL....incase you were interested...where have these been hiding all these years???? And how many other yellow label releases could be out there after late '59????...I often thought about collecting all the LPs on the back of the Wedding Cake liner if they had Blue/Gold labels....limited funds and space has really ceased my buying on a fancy...and 1 copy of each is usually fine with me these days.....Best....GG

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

Terry Murtaugh
Thanks, Garry!  I appreciate the heads up.  If you see a 78 rpm of Connie's please let me know.  I have her music under every other format.  Cheers,  Terry

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

Retrorecords
Hi Garry - I'm new here - actually I joined because I noticed your post about the yellow label records.

I came across 2 45 rpm test pressings recently. The white label test pressing side has a Dixie Rebels song but the other side has a blank yellow label with a Connie Francis song.

On one 45 the yellow label side has Connie's "Lipstick On Your Collar". The second 45 has another Dixie Rebels song with the same white TP label as the other. The yellow label side has Connie singing a song I'm not familiar with. The matrix is "58 NY 1292" scribed into the runout - which is the only ID available since the label is blank.

I love Connie Francis but I am no expert on her discography. Could I send you the mp3 so you could id it for me?

Thank you,

:-Don

Hi Don
I don't even think I have Mp3 capability....but all Connie's recordings are issued a matrix number, and one of the other fanatics or even a Connie staff member should be able to identify that for you...perhaps if you give me the opening line of the song I can help....Garry G

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

Retrorecords
Hi Gerry,

Thank you for getting back to me. I did some more searching after contacting you and the song turns out to be "Miss You". The version I found on youtube.com was sung by Nat King Cole.

I guess now the question for me is if this was released by Connie and when.  When I search I find "I Miss You So" or "You're Gonna Miss Me" but have yet to find her singing this song!

I guess in this age I find that odd.

:-Don

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

garryabhb
Perhaps Connie's staff will be able to respond to this for you....could possibly be a demo she recorded for a songwriter friend just for industry circulation...with no intent of having it ever released...we shall see!

Re: USA Pressing 45 Baby's First Christmas YELLOW LABEL!

Hi Don and Garry,
the answer to your question from Connie`s Creative manager Ron Roberts is:
This song was never recorded by Connie Francis the artist is J.P.Morgan the Matrix # is 58-XY-1292 not 58-NY-1292.
I hope this helps
Thanks
Pat