Toward The End of The Day

garryabhb
Wouldn't this qualify as the first CF original tune to be recorded in a foreign language?  I don't have the composer credits here with me, but isn't it also a Davis Murray composition? I enjoy the waltzy Italian version, but like the ballard with a beat version that was the b side to the If I Didn't Care single much better.....one of my fav B sides along with Happy Days and Lonely Nights, No One, Drop it Joe, Someone Else's Boy, The Biggest Sin of All and We Have Something More....so many of the singles had strong
double sides....the release schedule up till 1970 was amazing....Connie did it all, did it first, and did it in a fraction of the time. This is ONE AMAZING WOMAN!

Re: Toward The End of The Day

Hi Garry,according to what I have" Toward the end of the day" was Composed by Al Stillman / John Dentato.But I also see the names Written-By – Stillman*, Jeffrey* not sure which is the correct one.We know Stillman is right.If anyone here know please jump in?
Its a great song,the others you mentioned are also.I think "Believe in Me" was Connie`s first Italian recording.
You are right Connie is Amazing!!!
Thanks

Re: Toward The End of The Day

paultastic
Only recently heard the 'not Italian Favourites' version of this song and I really like it. Great vocals…really out front of the orchestra.