Top Ten Connie Francis Recordings

Terry Murtaugh
Connie,

If you're a David Letterman fan, like me, you are missing his daily Top Ten list.

To partially fill the void, here's my personal Top Ten list of your best recordings...hits/b-sides/albums.   Hope you enjoy it.  Perhaps other fans will post their Top Ten.

1. Lipstick on Your Collar
2. Teddy
3. Who's Sorry Now?
4. Kiss Me Goodbye
5. Together
6. Time After Time
7. Am I Blue?
8. Whoever You Are, I Love You
9. Someone Took the Sweetness (Out of Sweetheart)
10.(tie) Piscatore 'e Pusilleco & Milk and Honey*

* OK, I admit I'm pandering here; heard you say this is YOUR favorite song during the Mike Miller interview.  Ha!  Love ya,  Terry

Re: Top Ten Connie Francis Recordings

garryabhb
Nice idea, Terry....thanks. There isn't too much activity here now, most fans are using the Facebook thing I believe, but hopefully a few more folks will post.

In my Desert Island Discs list...If it came down to just ONE Connie Lp....I would have to go with the Very Best of /15 Biggest Hits classic yellow LP. The most Connie bang for one piece of vinyl. I couldn't live without those classic big hits.

My 10 Favorite LPS?...the list is not in order. But...
Very Best of Connie Francis....Connie's 15 Biggest Hits
Jealous Heart....every track makes me smile.
My Heart Cries For You...ditto for this one
Mala Femmena...I'll need a connection to my Italian roots.
Songs of Les Reed...a pretty damn fabulous LP for any day
Spanish and Latin American Favorites...very listener friendly even to non fans
German Favorites....gotta have those Polka and FoxTrot tunes.
Movie Greats of The 60's....so many good songs, and a very powerful LP.
Connie Francis ( 1st Metro Label Lp)...may want to twist and rock out just a bit
Folk Song Favorites....I will need some Americana

Hopefully, I would eventually be rescued by someone (who knows how to fish!) on a neighboring island that took along 10 different CF LPs.

Thanks!

Top Ten Connie Francis Recordings

jim290
     I saw a message about the Top Ten Connie Songs; however, every song that Connie sang back in the 50's and 60's were more than just a top ten single hit.  There were so many in the Top Ten.  Connie's voice on those solid gold hits were so endearing.  I cannot think of too many female singers who have made an impact on me with her music other than Connie Francis.  Connie's style was so magical and happy back in those days when I loved rock and roll and American Bandstand was a welcoming format.  Thanks to you Connie for your beautiful style and music.  God Bless You.

Re: Top Ten Connie Francis Recordings

Terry Murtaugh
Garryabhb,

I enjoyed your list of 10 favorite LPs...and especially the comments supporting each choice.  Every album you list is a winner.

My personal LP choices to add would be:

The Exciting Connie Francis...my first CF album and still my favorite; played almost daily at  work
Who's Happy Now?...the cover/back pics are fabulous as well as the songs, especially #1 with a Heartache
I'm Me Again...mostly new songs and every track is terrific like Milk & Honey and Lincoln Street Chapel
The Wedding Cake...the title track was Connie's last Billboard Hot 100 hit, lots of good new songs like Springtime
Irish Favorites...Connie did her usual magic on these upbeat and melancholy Irish songs
My Thanks to You...my second CF album; it too gets played often
and finally, Live at the Sahara in Las Vegas...it reminds me of the first time I got to meet Connie in person...backstage at the Sahara in 1967.  I was awestruck.  Told her I was attending the University of Iowa.  She said:  "I've been there." (Not sounding thrilled!)  Ha.  I learned later her first husband (who she had divorced) was from that area of Iowa.

Thanks again for sharing your favorites!

Terry

Re: Top Ten Connie Francis Recordings

Terry Murtaugh
Jim,

Saw your msg and thanks for your support.  Yes, Connie had 16 Top Ten hits in the late 50's/early 60's...three of them went to #1.  The first female singer to have back to back #1's in 1960!

My posting was intended to encourage Connie's fans to post their personal favorite Connie Francis songs, or albums.  I enjoy hearing about other people's favorites.  For example, a guy at work asks me to play her hit record "V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N" every time he is about to leave on one.   We have fun with that song in the office.

Cheers to Connie, you and all of Connie's fans!

Terry

Re: Top Ten Connie Francis Recordings

Thanks Terry,Garry and Jim for your input I enjoyed reading your comments of Connie`s wonderful songs.There are so many favorites whether there Albums,Singles I find it difficult to choose lol.I really am drawn to Connie`s Italian Albums and songs,her voice is so powerful singing them it gives me chills!!!

Re: Top Ten Connie Francis Recordings

Hi Guys,

There are other comments on two other threads in this Topic of "THE MUSIC OF CONNIE FRANCIS", called "Favorite Songs" and "Favorite LPs" that were started for these discussions (if you will look), but it seems they were completely overlooked and this new one "Top Ten" started.  Just sayin' .....   If you want to read more, take a look at those threads.

Re: Top Ten Connie Francis Recordings

garryabhb
Hi Fran...True tell...but the newest posting there is 2 years old....At least here we are getting some new reading material and input.

Re: Top Ten Connie Francis Recordings

Hi Garry,

The age of the thread does not matter if it is still the same topic; anyone can continue discussion in it.  Please, I ask you kindly, let us not clutter the forum with duplicate topics if at all possible in the future.  Thanks, Garry, and thank you all.