The Wedding Cake

paultastic
I love the Wedding Cake album. Can anyone tell me where the tracks were recorded? Nashville, NY??? And I'm sure I read somewhere that Milk & Honey was recorded at the Wedding Cake sessions? Can't work out why it didn't make it on the album or why it wasn't realised as a single….it's one of my all time favourite Connie songs.

Re: The Wedding Cake

Hi Paul,the album was recorded at Columbia Studios, Nashville released in 1969 I don`t the answer regarding Milk and Honey I will try and find out for you.
Thanks

Re: The Wedding Cake

I remember this song received a lot of airplay here in NYC on one of the country or pop stations....I remember hearing it a lot riding in my brothers car....he was 24 years older than me, and a big C&W fan.

Re: The Wedding Cake

Hi Paul,Further to your question:The album was Produced by Shelby Singleton on April 10, 1969 this song was held back for unknown reasons as per Ron Roberts.
Hope this helps.
Thanks

Re: The Wedding Cake

paultastic
Thanks for the info - wish i could get my hands on a copy of the Wedding Cake.  A few years ago I was at a local Sunday Market and got the Silver Anniversary Album (second hand) which of course includes Milk & Honey - for less than a £1! I"d have paid £20!  I almost said 'do you know how much you could charge a fan for this?' Lovely photo on the cover too. One of my fave photos of Connie.