Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

jeansouth
Administrator
There are innumerous song titles we'd all like Connie to have recorded.
I heard her sing the Ray Charles hit "You Don't Know Me" live in
Orlando in 2010, it brought tears to my eyes.  Certainly would love
to have had a recording of that by Our Connie.

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

Eric
Administrator
I would have loved to have heard Connie perform Ray Charles "You Don't Know Me" live.
There is nothing quite like Connie performing "LIVE" it always gives me such a high.
A song I would have liked Connie to have recorded and which she performed in concert during the last few years is her tribute to Frank Sinatra "I'll Be Seeing You".

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

DebbieDowner
"Someone To Watch Over Me" by G. Gershwin...plus the entire Burt Bacharach/Hal David collection

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

Years ago, I forwarded a tape to someone working with Connie with the song Don't Say You Don't Remember originally done in the early 70's by Beverly Bremers......it would be perfect for Connie.
The lyric starts "we wrote on the corner of the table/ this is the only one that will last" and goes thru a journey of lovers meeting again years later. Although I do not like the arrangement on Connie's "She'll Have To Go" I always though a tribute to Jim Reeves would be great. I love  her version of "Four Walls"
and in the past asked if this was a edit omitting the verse "Sometimes I ask why I'm waiting"....a Hank Williams tribute would be nice too....not to mention the great songs of Kris Kristofferson (For The Good Times, Nobody Wins, I've Got To Have You, and one that I saw Connie do live at Trump Marina in the early 90's Help Me Make it Thru The Night.....I am hoping for a LIVE release thru Concetta with a extended  less rushed hits medley....I loved the Yesterday Once More version from the Dick Clark appearance. The later Trump Castle CD omitted My Happiness & Together completely, and it would be nice to have Carolina Moon, Many Tears Ago, My Heart Has a Mind and the others as part of the medley. I believe
going back to the first time I saw Connie live at Resorts AC '85 Who's Sorry Now? was performed complete at the end of the first segment of the set, and the hits medley started with Stupid Cupid. There was also a great performance of Memory from Cats...
Once Before I Go, Yesterday When I Was Young, Mame, Crazy Arms, It Makes No Difference Now, Kiss of Fire (in English) It Was A Good Time.....all great songs I'd love to hear Connie sing....Thank you!

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

john h
I would also like to have heard Connie sing "You Don't Know Me". Another song is Matt Monro's "Walk Away".

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

chompo7
i agree with "walk away' connie would do it wonderfully.i would love to have heard her sing "there goes my heart" 'amore scusami" "from here to eternity" also "till"
 and too many more to think of at this time!

joe

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

connik64
I agree with you guys, Joe & John  I love the song "Walk Away"   Did you know Nancy Wilson
first sang this song, I have her vinyl album 'Easy' with "Walk Away" from 1968
If you Google-Nancy Wilson "Walk Away"  there is a "YouTube" with the album "Easy" and the song
"Walk Away" you can listen to.
You know the new Italian guys "IL Volo"   Connie should get together with them and release
songs with them, Italian and English songs A complete CD.
ConniK64

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

connik64
John & Joe, what do you think if Connie recorded songs by Etta James, A tribute to Etta James..
Connie would do the song " At Last"  beautifully..  the song "Pushover" ??
ConniK64 (the other Connie)

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

john h
Yes, I agree, Connie would have sung "At Last" beautifully.
I didn't realise Nancy Wilson had recorded "Walk Away", I know Brenda Lee did a nice recording of it.

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

AT LAST was already considered a standard by the time Etta got around to it. Like Twilight Time & Smoke Gets In Your Eyes by the Platters and Who's Sorry Now?, My Happiness and others by Connie, it had been recorded often....these guys just did the "definite" versions and had the biggest more recent versions that we all are more familiar with.

Re: Song I'd Like Connie To Have Recorded

connik64
John,

I didn't know Brenda Lee had a version of "Walk Away"  I was surprised to read when I Googled
Nancy Wilson Walk Away that Nancy's version has never been recorded on a CD it is only on the
vinyl record album 'Easy' ..This is even more of a good reason why Connie should record Walk Away
and have it on CD.. I sent Connie an Email and asked her to read our discussions here on the board,
and that we are hoping to hear Connie record this song.