Second Hand Love LP now on CD

garryabhb
Universal has released the Second Hand Love LP on CD in Japan.....this was a great LP....it was more like Greatest Hits Vol.3....out of the 12 songs only Pretty Little Baby and It Happened Last Night were not USA singles....I always hated the double tracked single version of the title song, which is one of my favorites when the Stereo LP Version is used from Very Best of.....this must have been a nice Lp to add to ones collection in its day...having the most current singles in one LP format. I remember I got my first copy around 1968...it was a mono cut out. I really enjoyed it tremendously, and still think its among the best of the non themed LPS.

Re: Second Hand Love LP now on CD

Hi Garry,
I have the album and its really good,but was this CD release very recent??I`m curious
Thanks
Update:
Garry,right this is an official current release in Japan,it would be nice for Universal to continue releasing Connie`s albums on CD,as long as royalties are forthcoming.

Re: Second Hand Love LP now on CD

garryabhb
Hi Pat....thanks for responding....Aren't all Universal products official/ royalty producing releases? and, if "yes"  Is this a fact limited to Universal distributed items? ....I assumed this was the case, so I didn't hesitate to post this info here.....are Cds released on Jasmine and Sepia regarded as official releases?....I have seen this Second Hand Love CD, including the cover photo (they are using the original artwork) advertised, but haven't yet seen a track listing. It would be nice to have a few bonus cuts included.  Of course, I am still hoping that Concetta Records releases some new compilation CDS here.....apparently, Universal is releasing many artists individual LPs from the early 60's....in the not so distant past they did a series of Motown issues in Japan as well. The quality of legitimate releases from Japan is always very high....so (usually) is the price. thanks again Pat!

Re: Second Hand Love LP now on CD

Hi Garry,Yes Universal releases are official I checked with Ron today and he verified that and he said its now up to him to make sure Connie gets what she`s due.So I will be ordering the CD also.I believe that Jasmine and Sepia CD releases are also fine.
Have a good day!!!