SMALL TALK

1234

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

chris
Hi Connie64, Lynne, Pat and Fran, I too was unaware that the public could nominate someone, I have now been on the website, and I too have put my recommendation in for Connie. Christine

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Lynne Simons
I believe if we keep spreading the word about the Kennedy Honors and the fact that anyone can make recommendations, more of Connie's fans could get involved in having her nominated for this award. She certainly deserves it. Lynne

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

I agree, Lynne

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Lynne Simons
We have been discussing to honor Connie with the Kennedy Honors. But it has occurred to me that not only has she not been inducted to the Rock 'N Roll Hall of Fame, but she has not been honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame. I went to the website and read the list of not only actors but also many musical stars that are on  the walk of fame. Neil Sedaka,  Bobby Vinton, Paul Anka, Ricky Nelson many from the late 50s earlly 60s but not Connie Francis. Why has there been this over sight? Lynne

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Connie has been ignored far to much she deserves to be in the R & R Hall and also the Hollywood Walk of Fame.I hope the fans will go to the Kennedy Center Honors Website and recommend her for this honor.

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Although I wrote in around a year ago, I just did again since everyone else is doing it now.

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

connik64
Hi everyone,

I'm glad some of you have written to nominate Connie for The Kennedy Center Honors, I have watched
this program for at least 4 yrs in a row, other living people to add to the list that were honored that I recall were Paul Simon, Julius LaRosa, Andy Williams and not sure, but I think Neil Sedaka was honored too?  Connie Francis to me has been forgotten, going by the list of people that they have already
honored @ the Kennedy Center, Connie Francis definitely should have been at the top of their list. To nominate Connie Francis the address to write a letter is The Kennedy Center For The Performing Arts 2700 F St NW, Washington D.C. 20566
Someone mentioned that you can send an email on the Kennedy Center website ( I'll have to look for that) connik64

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Hi connik64,here`s the website for you and the others to nominate Connie
Thanks

http://www.kennedy-center.org/honors

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

connik64
This post was updated on .
Oh Thanks Pat, I did not see this website before, when I googled CBS other Kennedy programs came up.
 to send a nomination by email is a lot faster and simpler for all Connie's Fans
 I really like watching this tribute Kennedy Center honors every year, it usually is shown
around December each year. hopefully if enough of us write to nominate Connie..we will  see Connie on TV sitting in the balcony with her rainbow ribbon medallion draped around her neck for next years honors 2014

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

connik64
Could a new Lastest News post be set up to "nominate Connie email on the Kennedy-Center.org/honors
website

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Lynne Simons
This post was updated on .
Does anyone know why Connie's new Facebook page cannot be accessed? I am getting a message.................:"Sorry this page isn't available. The link you followed may be broken, or the page may have been removed"

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Hi Lynne,I just noticed it myself and I don`t have an answer for you as yet.Thanks

Re: SMALL TALK

Terry Murtaugh

"Connie-O" (Four Seasons) is great.  Try "Connie" by Tommy Sands.  It's
beautiful.

Terry

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

connik64
To Terry:

Correction I meant to say Terry, not Kevin (LOL)

Didn't know there was another Connie song (by Tommy Sands)  I'll have to find this one, google it
Thanks for letting me know...
Conni K
from MI

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

connik64
Terry and everyone,

Did Tommy Sands know or date Connie F.?
maybe this song "Connie" was dedicated to her from Tommy?
I found it on his "Teenage Hits & Rarities" album

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Terry Murtaugh
I never saw any news item about Connie dating Tommy Sands.  He was married to Nancy Sinatra for awhile.  It didn't work out very well if my memory is correct!

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

connik64
Terry,

I played the song "Connie" by Tommy Sands on You Tube, what a cool version of Connie.
then there were some photos at the end of the video..and yep Connie Francis pic was posted
there backed up by The Diamonds.. possibly they could have been on tour together along with Tommy Sands... You r right, Tommy was married to Nancy Sinatra, then divorced her and father-in-law Frank
not happy about the break-up.
1234