SMALL TALK

1234

Re: SMALL TALK

connik64
Pat,
I did come across a photo of you & Connie taken in 2008 in Easton PA.. would Connie ever do a
concert in Michigan?  I am going on the Baltimore radio today for the first time to listen to the Connie hour at 3 pm..so maybe they may play this new song "A soldier died today" Thanks Connie K.

Re: SMALL TALK

Hi Conni,That photo is out there and it was an honor for me.At this time Connie is not doing concerts she is concentrating on her projects."Haven from the Storm" her charity for the Veterans.Plus her book "Among my Souvenirs" and new releases on her Concetta Record label.Busy Lady!!
The Visit with Connie show today features Jean Cannizzaro as guest host promises to be a great hour of Connie`s songs.
Enjoy!!

Re: SMALL TALK

connik64
I'm ready got the headphones on and now listening to BNR... I just seen that photo of you & Connie on BNR 2008  I also sent 3 emails to radio DJ's from WPON 1160 AM to check out all the details of Connie's
website and "live on BNR"   email subject: Connie Francis is alive & well,  so maybe you will have
more Fans writing Fan Forum...Regards, Connie K Michigan

Re: SMALL TALK

Great Conni Enjoy the show I`m ready also.Thank you for helping out,the
more fans that join us the better.

Re: SMALL TALK

connik64
Hey Pat, this rose is for You, one for Connie too!!  LOL LOL
Connie K.

Re: SMALL TALK

Thank You Conni,that`s very nice of you.Connie may see her rose also when she visits the Forum lol

Re: SMALL TALK

cfwebmaster
Might I suggest that for fans who want "real time" chats during the radio show that they can visit Connie's on-line chat room.  You can log in with your Facebook credentials or even as a guest!  http://www.conniefrancis.com/#!live-chat-room/cwh1
“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”  ~ Margaret Thatcher

Re: SMALL TALK

connik64
I don't do Facebook or Twitter, Will they play Connie's new release " A Soldier Died Today" on BNR
Connie K.

Re: SMALL TALK

Conni` not on this show, the Guest host picks the songs maybe next week we will set up some fans on Connie`s chat line and we can all enjoy the music together. and chat ok

Small Talk

seeya810
I haven't seen anything upcoming. Has she decided not to tour?

Michelle May

Small Talk

Hi Michelle,

Connie is focusing her time on other projects right now, e.g., helping our veterans, being a spokeswoman for mental health, writing her new autobiography and releasing her music material on her new label, Concetta Records.  Connie just did a wonderful telethon for our veterans this past Veteran's Day, where she performed her new release "A Soldier Died Today".  You can purchase this new release in iTunes.  Connie is a very busy lady!

Small Talk

seeya810
This post was updated on .
Thanks Guys.  Miss seeing her live.

SMALL TALK

connik64
Pat, I tried to reply to your email but it would not forward, No I don't do facebook
I tried facebook a few yrs ago, had a bad experience with it.
My Question now Is: I sent Connie a few direct Emails last wk ("post a message to Connie")
and I'm wondering why they are not posted??  I'm not talking about Small Talk, my post are in
Small Talk.
ConniK64, Novi MI

Re: SMALL TALK

jeansouth
Hi Connie K.,
Really pleased that you enjoyed the "Visit With Connie" program on
Baltimorenetradio.com and that you are
spreading the word about this great streaming radio station.

Jean

Re:SMALL TALK

connik64
Thanks Jean, one of these dj's Jimmy James WPON 1460 AM is working on getting Connie's new single on iTune.  There is a Veteran program that airs every Wednesday on this station that works exclusively with information for Veterans in the MI area // job fairs, seminars, meetings etc. maybe they may play Connie's new release "A soldier died today"..plus this DJ has special radio shows for some U S holidays like Memorial Day, Veterans Day, 4th of July and could introduce Connie's new song for these shows as well.. Good job.. Connik64

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

connik64
This post was updated on .
Re:  CBS  annual showing of The Kennedy Center Honors on Sunday night Dec 29 @ 9 pm
honoring (roasting) Santana, Shirley MacClaine, Herbie Hancock, Billy Joel

I watched this program last night on CBS as I have for the past 4 years in a row. Did anyone see this program Sunday Dec 29? If Santana & Billy Joel were selected for their musical accomplishments,
I thought Connie Francis has made her contribution if not more for her singing Excellence..
and Connie should be selected by the Board of Trustees Kennedy Center for her legendary singing career and other accomplishments (Veterans) ...
but it will take some of us Fans to write to the Board of Trustees via The Kennedy Center For The Performing Arts to make it happen.. Other living legends for their continuous contributions to the Performing Arts that have been honored in the past are Johnny Mathis, Tony Bennett, Barbara Streisand, Paul McCartny, Led Zepplin, Pattie Page, to name a few.

connik64

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Lynne Simons
I had already thought the same thing. I went to Kennedy Honors website. There is place where you can make recommendations for a nominee. I nominated Connie and listed not only her musical accomplishments, but also her work for mental health and veterans. Hopefully more other of the followers of her website and Facebook page will do the same. She indeed deserves this honor.

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Hi ConniK64 and Lynne,I also looked into The Kennedy Center and found that the Honors provide recognition to living individuals who throughout their lifetimes have made significant contributions to American culture through the performing arts. The primary criterion is excellence, and artistic achievement in dance, music, theater, opera, motion pictures, and television is considered.
Connie most definitely should be considered.I used this website

http://www.kennedy-center.org/honors

on the right hand side there is Nomination box to fill in with your name,email and the person your recommending,I did so late last night and received confirmation from there website.Thanks

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

I had written to them via their website re Connie possibly a year ago.

Re: Re:SMALL TALK

Thanks Fran,maybe if there are enough recomendations we might get Connie
nominated.I had only watched the Kennedy Honors twice in the past and
wasn`t aware the public could nominate someone and after the email from
Connik64 I started looking into it,as she also did.