Reel to Reel Tapes

garryabhb
I just read an article on line concerning the increased attraction and attention VINYL has been getting.
Apparently, there is a Austrian company producing hi end reel to reel playing systems and music.
Its been said by audiophiles of the 50's and 60's that the fidelity on reel to reel was superior to LPS.

I frequently see Connie's MGM LPS being offered on Ebay in Reel to Reel format. Does anyone know if the entire Connie catalogue was issued in this format?....as a side note, I once ('67-'68?) had this mini 8 track type tape cartridge system I believe were called Playtapes....they came with 4 selections over 2 tracks. I had My Heart Cries For You and More Greatest Hits on these mini tapes.

Re: Reel to Reel Tapes

Hi Garry,
Here`s a response for you from Ron Roberts regarding your question.No, not the entire catalogue issued in this format, but certainly a good number of items. Ditto 8-tracks.

Re: Reel to Reel Tapes

garryabhb
Thanks for passing that along...hope all is well with both Ron and yourself. Do we have any news on how the Second Hand Love CD fared upon release? I was hoping it would open the door to more releases.