ROCK AND ROLL MILLION SELLERS

garryabhb
This LP is a cult favorite....although I find it one of the most uneven in terms of quality, the good moments are very enjoyable. I love Heartbreak Hotel...perhaps my favorite version of that song.
Tweedlee Dee really rocks, the Mono version of I Hear You Knockin' also does....Silhouettes and It's Only Make Believe round out my favorite cuts from this effort....Early jackets were pressed listing Hearts of Stone and Stupid Cupid in the place where the first songs on each side would start, but I have never seen an actual LP where Heartbreak Hotel and Lipstick on Your Collar were not the first songs. In the late 80's I had a New Zealand (?) bootleg Mouseketeer label 16 track issue that included Stupid Cupid, Hearts of Stone, April Love and Love Me Tender...picked it up at a mostly Thrash Rock import store on 23rd St in NYC....There are very few actual Rock LPS in Connie's discography. This one, Do The Twist, Second Hand Love and the first Metro LP release were about it till the much later Buddy Holly tribute came about. I wish a few more LPS concentrating on  this genre were issued. Between repeating some of the uptempo LP cuts and non LP single A and B sides there could have been a few more. "Rocksides" was an excellent and welcome gap filler for me!....never thought I'd see the day when Whatever Happened to Rosemarie? would be listed on a LP....by the time Rocksides came out, I thought that train left already!

Re: ROCK AND ROLL MILLION SELLERS

Hi Garry,Your favs on this album are the same as mine Connie`s versions of I Hear You Knockin,Silhouettes and It's Only Make Believe are terrific.As for Rock Sides its another CD I really like.I`m not a fan of the Do the Twist album actually.I l Love her versatility!!!

Re: ROCK AND ROLL MILLION SELLERS

garryabhb
DO THE TWIST comes and goes in my desired listening phases....I love Drop It Joe, and played the 45 to death for a few years before I had the LP. It may be the first time I ever heard drums that sound like that on the intro....Pink Floyd uses that electronic drum sound a lot......That's my varied  taste....I'll play some Connie...switch to Pink Floyd....next Dottie West....next Thin Lizzy.... I like Ain't That Better Baby and Telephone Lover. I never paid much attention to this LP as a whole, but I met a girl at the CFFC meeting in 1989 who named it as one of her favorites (Kelly I believe) and I gave it a few more listens and enjoyed it more after that....The currently available import has some interesting bonus tracks. I haven't yet gotten around to buying any of these non USA issues. I was waiting to see what would be introduced here on site. At this point, I may cave in.