Post MGM Records Era (1970 – present)

cfwebmaster
Administrator
Discussion is encouraged but we do request, in consideration of space and scrolling through long documents on the forum, that you provide a link to your website or perhaps a PDF document link for download.  Certainly basic discussions are most welcome, but entire discographies would be too cumbersome to read on the forum.  I hope you understand.
“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”  ~ Margaret Thatcher

Re: Post MGM Records Era (1970 – present)

nadia61
I’m trying to document a Grateful Dead discography but I’m finding it difficult because they had so many live albums. I’m also looking for a list of their music videos.

Re: Post MGM Records Era (1970 – present)

Hello Nadia,this being strictly a Connie Francis website I`m not sure if there is anyone  who can help you here.

Re: Post MGM Records Era (1970 – present)

you can try Discogs.com....that is my go to source.

who knows? perhaps there is a version of Connie singing "Uncle Johns Band" in Italian somewhere....

Re: Post MGM Records Era /Errors in LP Discography Listed Here

garryabhb
I just happened to be jogging my memory and checking the song sequences for some LPS and there are several errors in the discography listed here......Call Me Irresponsible is listed as a track on Live at The Sahara, and Bye Bye Love is listed as a track on For Mama....neither song is on those LPS....The Good Life has been omitted (but is included on the LP ) from the Movie Greats of The 60's listing.

Also, does anyone know other than the Canadian early 1970 issue LP Very Best of Vol. 2 if the English version of La Paloma  (*Your Love") was ever issued anywhere else? I believe it is also on the 2nd Bear Family set....that Canadian Vol  2 Best of was a great find....lots of songs not issued on US LPS and a different and longer track listing than the Vol. 2 set issued in the 80's here in the USA .....

the 1963 yellow Very Best of /15 Greatest Hits also had about 7 different tracks and 16 cuts on the British release.Together, Your Other Love, Drowning My Sorrows, If My Pillow Could Talk, When the Boy In Your Arms and I believe I Was Such a Fool and Dreamboat were included on the UK issue.....I believe all of these, plus Your Love, Wishing it Was You, For Mama, Blue Winter, Jealous Heart, Time Alone Will Tell, Al Di La , You're Gonna Miss Me, Mama and Whose Heart Are You Breaking Tonight were the tracks on the later issued Canadian Best of Vol. 2.....(actually, If My Pillow may not have been on here, and All The Love in The World may have....I can't remember off the top of my head.)

Re: Post MGM Records Era /Errors in LP Discography Listed Here

cfwebmaster
Administrator
Hello Garry and thank you so much for "catching" the two errors on the referenced albums.  Both have been corrected!

Hopefully someone will chime in with answers to your questions.
“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”  ~ Margaret Thatcher

Re: Post MGM Records Era /Errors in LP Discography Listed Here

garryabhb
Great....The Good Life still needs to be added to MGOT60's....would be nice to add the Capitol Record Club 2LP My Best To You (with that great cover photo) the Metro LPS and the 5 Record Set Spectacular and complete the USA issues

does anyone know.....were any copies of  RNR Million Sellers ever actually pressed with Hearts of Stone and Stupid Cupid as listed on some of the first jackets, or was that just a printing error/last minute track change that was too late to correct?

I also recall some jackets for Spanish and Latin American Favorites listing Green Eye's and Amor that was later corrected.

And then there's the 45 pic sleeve for Everybody IS Somebody's Fool...MGM certainly got a lot of mileage out of that pic sleeve, I think it was used for 4 different singles.....ESF, Many Tears Ago, Mama and Together.

My brain must have been a lot sharper when I was much younger. If Connie's music was a newer discovery for  me, say the past 15 years - I am sure I would have never noticed these details.

Re: Post MGM Records Era /Errors in LP Discography Listed Here

Hi...Just noticed You Made Me Love You is not listed as a cut from the proposed One For The Boys LP...
wasn't this track part of that planned LP? I remember having it on a 7" EP featuring Valentino with Because of You and Young At Heart....and then I think they issued Where The Boys Are on a EP, deleting Valentino and repeating the 3 cuts previously used....Valentino was the only EP I ever owned. I got it in a plain sleeve in 1972 at Bleeker Bobs in NY's Greenwich Village for $3.00

Re: Post MGM Records Era /Errors in LP Discography Listed Here

roger1962
Also, does anyone know other than the Canadian early 1970 issue LP Very Best of Vol. 2 if the English version of La Paloma  (*Your Love") was ever issued anywhere else? I believe it is also on the 2nd Bear Family set....that Canadian Vol  2 Best of was a great find...

Ans...Yes it was on the German LP MY GREATEST SONGS MGM 65.039 [mono only] rel 9/1963.
stereo equiv was Neopolitan LA PALOMA.
Also appeared in Spain LP MIS GRANDES CANCIONES  MGM 65.039[mono]
and ITALY  LP CONNIE NEL MONDO  MGM 1E3m