Our Veterans

12

Our Veterans

cfwebmaster
A topic that is most important to Connie Francis.  "I think I'm going to use my voice for loftier purposes at this point in my life." (Connie Francis)
“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”  ~ Margaret Thatcher

Re: Our Veterans

paulette
this is definitely so close to connie's heart. how many times she speaks of the veterans and their sacrafices. and yes it seem they are forgotten for all the sacrafices..it is a shame. she has made me more aware and i give and sometime even volenteer. i am so proud i do this. you are such and inspiration connie and how these great men need your kindness and support and if all the world would know just what you do and are doing.. thank you!

Re: Our Veterans

Connie in Vietnam

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

http://www.homewardboundtelethon.org/

Tune in to the Military Channel on Sunday, November 10, 2013 as Connie co-host this very important telethon for our veterans from 7 PM - 11 PM, EST (New York time).  This telethon will be live from Los Angeles.

For those who do not get the Military Channel, Baltimore Net Radio will simulcast the telethon.

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

cfwebmaster
Hi Everyone, here is a link with a nice article about Connie's Telethon - Sun., Nov. 10, 2013

http://www.washingtonpost.com/entertainment/tv/connie-francis-alan-alda-joe-montegna-join-to-host-homeward-bound-telethon-for-us-veterans/2013/11/07/9d0a8ad2-47b5-11e3-95a9-3f15b5618ba8_story.html
“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”  ~ Margaret Thatcher

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Kevin
Such a nice article.  I have a friend who served in Afghanistan.  He's only 30, but he's seen things like someone's head hanging from a tree after being beheaded.  He's seen things people shouldn't see.  He was always on alert and every moment he thought he was going to die.  Now that he's back in the USA, he gets very little money, not even enough to live on.  I hate to say this, but he has to prostitute himself to make ends meet.  I haven't seen Bobby in about a year.  He has tried to friend me on Face Book, but he's just too unstable for me to be around him.  He's also using Methamphetamine.  I wish I could help him, but he's just too dangerous to be around.  It's such a shame because he really is a nice person.   But because he's involved in illegal activities, I must stay away.  Last year, I begged him to go into Fort Lauderdale which is on Las Olas Blvd., but he refused.  He said that he didn't have a problem.  Hopefully, he'll make it.  I hope I didn't offend anyone with what I wrote.

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Let's hope proceeds from the telethon help your friend and other veterans like him.

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Kevin
Thanks Fran.  I hope so.  There are many vets who are alcoholics and drug addicts because of the PTSD from which they suffer.  I know another young guy 24 years old, in Connecticut who has become a crack addict because he just can't accept what happened to him.  I'm not sure where he was, it could be Iran or Iraq.  He also gets very little money a month.  It is so sad...

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Well, let's enjoy Connie's telethon on Sunday and know it is for a good cause.

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Kevin
I'll definitely enjoy it.  I know she will definitely help our vets.  It's about time someone does.  They are our true heroes.

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Article in the New Jersey Star Ledger, Nov. 7, 2013

http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.ssf/2013/11/connie_francis.html

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Lynne Simons
I definitely will. Looking forward to seeing it. Our Vets need our help and its time something is done to help them

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

11/8/13, 11:20 a.m. N.Y. Time -- Connie just did a GREAT radio interview on WOR Radio, New York, promoting the telethon on Sunday.  Hope some of you caught it.

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

I tried to get it Fran,but it said not available in my area maybe it will
be on the website later on. I hope!!!

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Connie will be on Baltimore Net Radio today -- 11/8/13 -- between 2:00 and 2:15 p.m. NYT, doing an interview with Keith Angstadt to promote the telethon.

http://www.baltimorenetradio.com/indexA.htm

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

Star Tribune, Minneapolis, Minnesota, Nov. 7, 2013:

http://www.startribune.com/entertainment/tv/230980091.html

Re: Our Veterans TELETHON

12