Name Songs

paultastic
Hey All

Just listened to 'Tommy' and made me think about what my favourite 'name' songs are. Interested to know your favourites! Mine:

1 - Tommy
2 - Betty Jo Marshall (though i love pretty much the whole 'Wedding Cake' album
3- Frankie (one of Connie's best early vocals for me)
4- Whatever Happened to Rosiemarie

Re: Name Songs

"Teddy" is another cute one.

Re: Name Songs

My Best Friend Barbara

Re: Name Songs

paultastic
My Best Friend Barbara a good one too that and slipped my mind. Is it right that it was a choice between Barbara and Rosemarie for the the other side of Your Other Love???

Re: Name Songs

Lynne Simons
I too loved Teddy

Re: Name Songs

Then there was "Valentino".

Re: Name Songs

Yes and Drop it Joe!!

Re: Name Songs

Eric
My favourites would be:

Alfie
Tommy
Gino

Connie recorded many songs with names in the title, here are some that I can think of, I'm sure there must be more.

Oh Frankie
Anna
Clementine
Oh Suzanna
Come On Jerry
Connie and Clyde
Danny Boy
Delilah
Nino
Freddy
Tammy
Sherry
Reuben James
Peggy Sue
Handy Andy
I'm Henry The V111 I Am
Illya Darling
Johnny Der Schweiger
Johnny Darlin'
Komm Zu Mir Joe
Lili Marleen
Bill Bailey Won't You Please Come Home
Waiting For Billy
Rudolf The Red Nosed Reindeer
Colombino
Yossel, Yossel
Buster The Butterfly
Chester The Chimpanzee
Dinah Dinosaur
Elmer The Elephant
Gertrude The Goldfish
Harold The Hippo
Kitty The Kangaroo
Nancy The Nightingale
Oscar The Octopus
Pinky The Penguin
Reggie The Rooster
Sammy The Silkworm

Re: Name Songs

Great list, Eric.  Of those, my favorites are:

Danny Boy
Illya Darling
Johnny Der Schweiger
Waiting For Billy
Tammy
Clementine

Re: Name Songs

and there's also Nino, Waiting for Billy, Gino, Come on Jerry, Oh Suzanna, Du Must Bleiben Angelino,
Deliah, Illya Darling, Lili Marlene,...possibly more. "FRANKIE" is a very under rated NY doo wop classic ....DREAMBOAT and TOMMY  are also very under rated in the genre.

Re: Name Songs

paultastic
Danny Boy is superb. One of Connie's best vocals