GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

12

GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Starting this topic for general discussion of Connie's music.

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

john h
Last night I listened to the 2 LP's I received yesterday. "I'm Me Again" and "For Mama". Loved them both. I do like playing vinyl, as you hear so many songs that haven't made it on to cd.

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Hi John Welcome!! Two very good choices you purchased.Connie has so many terrific albums.I have been collecting her music forever and still don`t have them all.I`m very much into Connie`s Italian songs even tho I don`t understand all the words lol.Some of my Favorites are:Love Italian Style,Modern Italian Hits.A good buy is The Italian Collection Vol 1 & 2 where you get a great variety of Connie`s wonderful songs.I find the power and richness of her voice is so evident in these albums.Some of us have listed our favorites under the topic" Favorites LP,s" which might give you some ideas.

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

john h
Thanks Pat. I also like the Italian songs, and I don't understand the words either. lol I have those 2 cd's you mentioned, and also have a Spanish and a German one too. I will have a look at the "Favourite LP's" section and it will give me an idea on what I am missing.

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Your Welcome John,with Connie`s great catalog you will continue to find more great albums.And something to remember with Connie now releasing more and more music in Concetta Records to come.Her New Release "A Soldier Died today" now available for download on iTunes and on the main page of the website is just the beginning.

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

john h
Yes, I am going to download "A Soldier Died Today" from iTunes Pat. I received the "Jealous Heart" LP in the post today, which I am looking forward to listening to tomorrow night, and also ordered the "Connie and Clyde" cd as well. Certainly keeping the postman busy at the moment.

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Good to hear John,happy your going to download it make sure to leave a comment on iTunes if you can.I know you will enjoy Jealous Heart its a real good one and so is Connie and Clyde.Happy Listening

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

john h
Thanks Pat.

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Laura
Hello, I'm new and a life long fan of Connie. One of my favorite songs is "La Novia" in Italian. I can't find it anywhere and would love to get this on CD, even a burned copy from a fan. If anyone can find it, please let me know. My carpal tunnel is getting worse just looking for it. Thank you!

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Hi Laura, Welcome and thank you for re posting your message,I`m sure someone will respond to your question!!

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Kevin
I have an MP3 of La Novia in Italian that a friend sent me last year.  I'd be happy to send you a copy, if you'd like.  The quality isn't that great, but better than nothing.

Kevin

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Laura
Thank you. My email is LAMAC1067@aol.com  I wish there were a way to get a request to Connie to put this song out again. She sang it best....

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

cfwebmaster
Hi Connie fans!  While Connie's forum is the perfect platform to discuss her music, I would like to discourage any form of file sharing which includes not only her released materials but also the unreleased.  We ask that you refer to Connie's message on this site where she addresses the impact of even a single "share."  Please understand that we are not berating anyone...we just want to abide by Connie's wishes.
“In politics, If you want anything said, ask a man. If you want anything done, ask a woman.”  ~ Margaret Thatcher

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

garryabhb
Any word on what's in the pipeline and what is to come on the Concetta label? Of course, we are all anxious and I am definitely not the only one waiting to "Merry Christmas" myself here....

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Hi Garry, the New Release in hard copy will be released as soon as its ready.As you know the download is available now.When we have more information on future releases we will post for all to see.Thanks for your interest in everything Connie!!

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

john h
Looking forward to any releases on the new label. I finally got around to listening to "Jealous Heart" LP last night, another great record, unfortunately the record was quite crackly, but I don't mind that. I have received Connie and Clyde and another couple of "live" cd's, but I have put these aside for Christmas.

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

jeansouth
While difficult to pick just one favorite, I am partial to Connie's
Italian albums, all of them.  That being said, everything she
has recorded is special and a treasure.  Listening to Connie
sing is pure joy.

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

I echo what you said, Jean.

GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

Francis Gunn
Hi Everyone from New Zealand,

My favourite all time song of Connie's is "Three good reasons " from the Music of Les Reed.But of course Connie's every song sung by her is just sheer bliss.I am up to so many LP'S I play them in alphabet order.I was a flight attendant for many years,and was able to purchase so many of Connie's records,and tapes.I now have a great selection of CD'S.What a wonderful lady Connie is.I loved her from the start from when I was 9 years old,and now I am 65.I play one of her recordings every day,and never travel in my car without a CD or Tape.Keep singing Connie I love you.Frank Gunn

Re: GENERAL DISCUSSION OF CONNIE'S MUSIC

john h
"Three Good Reasons" is also one of my very favourite songs of Connie's too, one that I listen to over and over again. The whole album is brilliant.
12