First Connie Record You Bought

conniemad
Hi Connie Fans, Just an Interesting Topic, WHAT WAS THE FIRST LP/78/ Single you bought,  My Lp was "The Exciting Connie Francis LP" "Who,s Sorry Now" 45. & the Same 78, I think, Of Course Ep., But It,s Been A long Time Ago, I can,t Remember!!, Heather Clark

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

The first Connie LP that came into my house was bought by my father, who loved his Italian music.  It was "Italian Favorites".  It was my introduction to Connie when I was 11 yrs. old.  I remember I was playing with my Barbie doll and he put the LP on the turntable.  I put down my doll, picked up the LP cover and studied it.  It was the end of my interest in dolls and the beginning of my Connie fandom.  It was then my quest to seek and find any and all Connie records.  My father, and then mother, also fell in love with her.  She had arrived in my house to stay for a lifetime.

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

Hi Heather ,My first LP was "Who`s Sorry Now" My Dad loved this album as much as I did.

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

paulette
i had older cousins who did the sleep overs and i was visiting and heard this fabo unbleivable voice so when they left for pizza shop i went in and stoled the record and had a birthday party coming up and had an all connie francis birthday party. everyone had to come and buy me only connie records. was the best party ever! i still have them all and never gave my cousin back hers..ha!! we talk about it today laughing but of course i got the last laugh.. no one will ever take connie's place. a lifetime of pure pleasure .

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

chompo7
sounds alot like our house franny! EVERYONE and i do mean everyone loves connie in our big italian family! my grandparents loved connie,my mother sang connie songs to me while she was pregnant with me,lol.
we always had her records on in the house.friday was a big connie day,that was housecleaning day! my mom would pile the albums on and let them play until she was finished cleaning.the music would be blasting away with her cleaning and singing along,great memories!

joe

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

jeansouth
My first 45 was "Who's Sorry Now", and the first LP
was also titled "Who's Sorry Now".  I had to wait to
play the LP until that Christmas when my parents
bought me my first 'stereo'.  It was just a small
one on a stand, but I could finally play my cherished
Connie LP's.

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

Eric
The first Connie record I bought was the single release "Playin Games" bw "I Was Such A Fool" in 1963. The reason being my parents couldn't afford the luxury of a record player until 1963. However an aunt of mine did have a record player, she also had 2 Connie singles "Stupid Cupid"/"Carolina Moon" and "My Heart Has A Mind Of Its Own"/"Malaguena". Our family would spend 2 week summer vacations and Christmas times at my aunts house. Her record player was kept in the parlour, a room that was only used on Sundays and special days. Needless to say I would spend every day in there playing those two records over and over again. "Malaguena" was my favourite, which was proberbly a little unusual for a 10 year old boy!!

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

Lynne Simons
I bought Who's Sorry Now back in 1958 when I was in 9th grade in Fla. First LP was Rock 'N Roll Hits. I know have every single 45 and LP that Connie ever made. Plus the CD's that are available

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

Guenter Hein
The first record I bought was Connie's all German LP "IHRE GROSSEN ERFOLGE" released March 1964. One year before my brother bought me "I WAS SUCH A FOOL"/HE THINKS... for my birthday and these two vinyls were the starting point for my collection. When I first bought this LP I couldn't play it because we didn't have a turntable at this time. In 1991 Connie friendly signed this LP for me and ever since I keep it among my most appreciated and treasured items in my collection. It's framed and placed on a special spot in my hobbyroom.

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

cora anne
Why am I surprised you were an unusal ten year old? You have always had good taste sweetheart. The first album I had was Connie at the Copa.  My Mum and Dad bought it for me for Christmas. The first single I bought was My Happiness. I had to save weekly to get all the recordings before these. Great days.

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

Ken Kirchein
The first 45 I bought was "Mama" with "Teddy" on the backside.  My first LP was "Whos Sorry Now" with the most captivating cover photo of Connie in a green silk blouse reclined on a pillow.  Those eyes!  Those eyes!
bob

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

bob
The first Connie record i got for Christmas,The lp,the Very Best of Connie Francis,Connie's 15 greatest hits.

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

chris
We never had a record player, but my Aunt had a Radiogram, and I first heard "My heart has a mind of its own" on that Radiogram, and then I just fell in love with the beautiful voice of Connie.  When my older brother bought a record player, he bought me "Christmas With Connie" my very first LP. I have been collecting Connie's records ever since.

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

Margaret Brown
My first song was also Who's Sorry Now. I think everyone went about singing this song at parties.

Margaret

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

connik64
This post was updated on .
My first record vinyl album is a 'Very Best of Connie Francis' double record album put out by
"BBC Sessions" that I purchased mail-order 1969 .  I just Googled BBC sessions online and found
out something I never knew before., Connie was a big influence in some of the big hits Neil Sedaka had
Example his song "The Diary"  Neil wanted to actually look at Connie's diary that she was keeping,
when she refused, this inspired him to write the song.
Connik64

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

Kirk Nolting
The first Connie Francis album I bought was Looking For Love.It is still my favorite film of hers,as it is all Connie.

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

My parents had some LPS.....I remember Italian Fav, Never On Sunday, Greatest American Waltzes and More Greatest Hits being in the house when I was very young. I believe the first one I was given to own myself as a gift was probably Follow The Boys or Folk Song Favorites..... The first one I picked out myself on a trip to the brand new EJ Korvettes  in 1964 was the Metro "CONNIE FRANCIS" Lp that I loved because I was about 5 and it had so many up tempo songs like Someone Else's Boy, Too Many Rules and I'm Gonna Be Warm This Winter.....still a favorite play list of mine...and my Mom pointed out that my hair was the same Auburn color as Connie's on the cover! (still is, when I get the formula right!) a bit of trivia...if you get a magnifying glass and look at the pics of this LP on the rear of other Metro LPS it lists VALENTINO in the song strip on the cover. I believe it was replaced by It Happened Last Night when the LP was issued....that was a pretty popular LP here in NYC....it was stocked everywhere.....Perhaps if Soundscan was available back then, Connie's LPS would have charted much higher....discussions like this are fun.

Re: First Connie Record You Bought

jim290
The first Connie Francis record I bought was Who's Sorry Now followed by Connie's album Who's Sorry Now.  I was 14 yrs old then and Connie will always be my favorite female singer.  She has recorded so many wonderful songs across the world and has brought joy to her many fans.  God Bless You, Connie.  Your the Best.