Favourite Live Album

paultastic
Hey People

Interested to know what your favourite live album is.  I like parts of all of them:

Copa - It All Depends On You and the general exuberance of the whole album and how young Connie sounds!
Sahara - Sunrise/Sunset, Al Di La, Gospel Medley and My Heart Reminds Me/Yesterday
European Concert Tour - Once in a Lifetime, Cuando Caliente el Sol, More, This Is My Song and Impossible Dream
Live Concert (forgot the title) but has a superb version of My Way (guessing late 60s or early 70s - anyone know) and Didn't We Almost Make It.

A few years ago there were some live versions of Love Me Tonight, I"ve Got To Be Me, Bridge Over Troubled Waters and It's Impossible (guessing late 60s or early 70s?) but they were removed (I"m guessing due to copyright/ownership/royalty issues)

Re: Favourite Live Album

garryabhb
I would love to hear Connie do Love Me Tonight! I enjoy both live LPS....Copa band was very early 50's style -mode orchestra, so I guess I like Sahara better....I own several live at the Copa LPS, and they all seem to suffer from horn overload....and bad horn at that! (Supremes, Bobby Rydell) about the most listenable Copa LP I've heard is Bobby Vinton's....but then again, he is a bandleader himself. I forgot to mention "Memory" (from Cats) in my fav live songs....in '85 it was part of the show along with a Saloon Medley that was songs from Connie & Clyde....Am I Blue was superb.
I believe Don't Break The Heart was sung live on TV in the mid 80's for a talk show centered around Valentines Day.....I wish the complete hits medley were included on the Trump Castle CD. I love hearing My Happiness live....it would be nice to have the entire hits (non medley format) version of a live show on CD too.

Hopefully, we will see some CDS offered from this site directly soon. I would love to see a Jealous Heart/ My Heart Cries For You two-fer, as well as the Neoplotian versions of the songs from Mala Femmena and side 2 of Follow The Boys, Days of Wine and Roses, Whoever You Are, I Love You also make my list....and there are plenty of B sides and upbeat songs to do a Rocksides #2 and VB of Vol. 3.

Re: Favourite Live Album

paultastic
Love Me Tonight is great. Very fast and a lot of what I'd call 'Mexican Trumpets' sound. I've listened to Bobby Vinton at the Copa too! Great version of Mr Lonely. I never realised what a really good voice he had until fairly recently. . But yes there's a lot of horn on Connie's Sahara album. But I love Sunrise, Sunset!

I wish I could buy the later albums (Wedding Cake, Les Reed, Connie on Broadway). A few years ago you could get legitimate releases of Bacharach & David (weirdly not a favourite of mine even though technically superb and I do like What the World Needs Now and Wanting Things) and Hawaii Connie (love I'll Remember You - always reminds me of a holiday I took in New Zealand).

On a fans website i heard a live version of 'You're The Best Thing That Ever Happened To Me, which was beautiful.

Back to what you were saying about Who's Happy Now….vocals are quite fragile but I think it's a real mixed bag of an album. The fragility really works with Number One With A Heartache and The Best of the Woman In Me. And My Mother's Eyes sounds good. But what was going through anyone's mind with 'Cryin In The Rain'?! Although Far & Near Forever and Always does compensate. And Ab Ba Ni Bi is fun in a 70s production way!

I saw Neil Sedaka in concert last year and he sang WTBA all the way through!

Re: Favourite Live Album

garryabhb
The entire Les Reed LP was great....I never saw it in a retail store, and ordered my copy from Citadel Record Club....it quickly became a much requested family favorite and I had to order copies for both of my older brothers and an uncle....1968-1972 were a real hot bed for great pop songs....Vicki Carr, Andy Williams, Jerry Vale, Dean Martin, Johnny Mathis...they all released Lp after LP of cover versions of Pop/Country hits.  (I was a Hard Rock/Motown fan during this period...other than Connie I didn't do Adult Pop) Perhaps with B&D and Les Reed that's where Connie was heading as well. One review mentioned she sang Love Story...that must have been wonderful...I would have loved to hear Connie sing For The Good Times, Two Different Worlds, Am I That Easy To Forget, Without Love and Til I Can Make It On My Own....there was a song called Don't Say You Don't Remember by Beverly Bremers in '72 (?) that was a top 40 hit...I sent to CF on a cassette in the 80's....it would have been a perfect song for Connie.