Favorite Songs

12

Re: Favorite Songs

Heike
hello Connie, friends and fans,

at first: there is no song from Connie, which I don't like ... all are fantastic !
I've heared many same songs, sung from other singers ... and I don't like it, because only Connies voice makes my heart shine and gave me that special smiling & feeling ... *wow*

My favorite Songs are: 'Ho bosogno di vederti' (Sanremo 1965) e poi 'dammi tua mano e cori' ... something which I ask me a million times: 'how can such a small little person, have such a big and powerful voice' ... Connie you're blessed!

THANK YOU é da capo Connie

did anyone know, on which CD I can get the song 'dammi tua mano e cori'?
about 20 years ago, I've got it on MC and it's lost ... but this song is burned in my heard.

bye Heike (female born 1965 in munich germany)

ps: sorry 4 my bad english :-((

Re: Favorite Songs

Eric
Administrator
Hi Heike,
Welcome to the Connie forum. The song "Dammi La Mano E Cuore" has been released on the South African CD "Canzoni Italiane con Amore" CONBUD 2 Teal Records a division of PolyGram South Africa

Re: Favorite Songs

Hi Fran....I hope all is well...we met a few times years ago....I am on SI...Some of my most favorite songs are Jealous Heart, Among My Souvenirs, My Happiness, Quiereme Mucho, Tonights My Night, My Heart Heart Has A Mind, Legend in My Time, Drop It Joe, Frankie, Days of  Wine and Roses, Come Sinfornia & Anniversary Song....of course, this is the shortest list I can make.
My favorite live moment was always If I Never Sing Another Song followed by My Way. I really enjoyed the later updated show with the complete versions of the hits. Till the  St. George 4/07 concert I had never heard many of those hits done live. It was a real treat....Best to all....Garry G

Re: Favorite Songs

Heike
hidehoo Eric & members,

thank you for the imformation ... the cover of my MC looks different.
but now I find the song, and many others too.

please look here at the german amazon => http://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00AY9GHHM/ref=dm_sp_alb?ie=UTF8&qid=1374047465&sr=8-1-fkmr2

there's only one CD left, and if I bought them I'll get the mp3-album gratis witch included the bonus-track 'dammi la mano e corri'.

more information about it:

Produktinformation

    Urspr√ľngliches Erscheinungsdatum : 14. Januar 2013
    Label: Sepia
    Copyright: 2013 Sepia Records Limited
    Dauer: 2:34 Minuten

could I buy it without having a guilty conscience?

nice greetings from munich, bye Heike

Re: Favorite Songs

Yes, Gary, I remember you.  Lots of nice memories of the shows.  Glad you are on the forum now.  Connie is the best!!  Take care.

Fran

Re: Favorite Songs

Re: Favorite Songs

Heike
hi Fran ...

... thank's 4 Ur warm welcome

I really enjoy the forum ... great idea.

bye Heike

Re: Favorite Songs

Yes, Heike.....

Re: Favorite Songs

Thank you Fran....I am still here on Stagnant Island...if you are in touch, please say hello to Libby for me. I worked with someone who's wife was good friends with Libby (Charlie & Barbara)..Stay Well

Re: Favorite Songs

Terry Murtaugh
I've already posted my favorite songs....just wanted to comment on hearing "My Thanks to You" as the web site opens.  PERFECT...I've always loved that one.  My family has played it on Thanksgiving, but it works EVERY day.

Terry

Re: Favorite Songs

jeansouth
Eric, thanks for the photo of this CD, it's one of my favorites.
Of course, all of Connie's Italian releases are!

Re: Favorite Songs

garryabhb
Although I had this CD since it first came out, I just noticed that the diamond grid on the rear panel of the Canzione Italiano CD is the same one featured on the front of Irish Favorites LP.....white gloves, flowers...???? I wonder if the photos were taken the same day?

Re: Favorite Songs

Garry, you are really into your detail.  I certainly have no clue.

Re: Favorite Songs

garryabhb
Loved that lighter tinted hairdo on Irish Favs. and '62 WSN? re-issue.....pure early 60's chic...Shellac and lacquer all the way!

Re: Favorite Songs

Empress Touch
Although Lipstick On Your Collar is probably her best, I have some favourites I have discovered since working in a charity shop where over half the customers genuinely liked - and made special trips to the shop, just to listen to Connie's wonderful music:

V-A-C-A-T-I-O-N: Many wonderful ladies rolled back the years when they heard this in the shop, and started dancing to it.  It was a pleasure to witness.  The best version I've heard of this song, at least on CD, was the 1989 re-recording, but I don't think this version will be released again in future because it doesn't meet the recording requirements of today's technology.  This was one CD it was released on in the 1990's:

Lollypop Lips: I have never spotted a CD compilation on the shops since I've been aware of just how good Connie's music really is, but a colleague at work handed me a copied mp3 CD with this song and Bobby's Girl on it, and I love both.  Can't find a photo for the sleeve CD it may have had attached to the mp3 file it came from.

Teddy: Very euphoric, but in a mature way.  Discovered it on this compilation CD, so I'm guessing it may be a cover, but didn't she make it hers!

(These days UK retail shops need written permission to play CDs in their shops, so unfortunately, Connie rarely gets played, now I've left.  I still enjoy collecting the CDs in record stores in this country.)
12