Favorite Songs

12

Favorite Songs

I think my all-time favorite song of Connie's is "Zingara," followed by "Born Free," "Brother Can You Spare A Dime" and "Time Alone Will Tell".

Edit to add:  Have to add in her rendition of "Love Is A Many Splendor Thing".  Awesome!!!

Re: Favorite Songs

Hi Fran, I also love Zingara and Three Good Reasons ,"Time alone will tell" and then every Italian song Connie sings beginning with Addio Mio Amore and Sena Fine to me this is where Connie voice is the Best.

Re: Favorite Songs

jeansouth
Administrator
Nearly impossible to pick just one, but I agree with you Pat about her Italian songs.
"Al Di La" has always been a favorite along with "Nessuno El Mundo" and "This
World We Love In", just beautiful songs.

Re: Favorite Songs

Hi Jean,your right so difficult to choose.I guess that says a lot about our Connie`s talent.The Italian songs are just the best to me they seem to bring out the power and emotion in her voice.

Re: Favorite Songs

jeansouth
Administrator
Exactly Pat, the depth of power in Connie's voice is really
evident in her Italian numbers.  Of course, I may be just
a tiny bit biased because of my heritage.    LOL

Re: Favorite Songs

Another favorite song of mine is "Ho Bisogno Di Vederti," especially the way she sang it at the San Remo Festival.  I prefer this Italian version over the English one, "You're Mine Just When You're Lonely," although the English one is so beautiful also.

Re: Favorite Songs

jeansouth
I agree Fran, the Italian version is stunning.

Re: Favorite Songs

Just thought of another top favorite of mine, "Love Is A Many Splendored Thing".  Chills!!

Re: Favorite Songs

paulette
for me if connie sings it i love it..

Re: Favorite Songs

DebbieDowner
She sang every song great.

One song she recorded {in 1969} I still can`t believe it didn`t become a hit. I`m fairly certain the name of it was "Springtime". Excellent song, should have been a hit!

Also, it`s a shame she did not record all those Burt Bacharach songs before Dionne Warwick. Her last #1 hit was in 1962, and all those Bacharach songs would have enabled her career to skyrocket to new heights in 1967.

Re: Favorite Songs

jeansouth
Administrator
Hi Debbie,
I totally agree in that whatever Connie sang, it was great.
The song you refer to;  "Springtime" was released only once to
my knowledge and is on the LP  'The Wedding Cake'.

Re: Favorite Songs

Lynne Simons
My favorites are Zingara, Born Free, Time Alone Will Tell and too many more to list. But all time favorite is a song in Connie's LP Never On Sunday................................Love Is A Many Splendored Thing

Re: Favorite Songs

Wow. You and I seem to agree to the "T"!!!

Re: Favorite Songs

cora anne
Fran, my favorite songs are 'Milk and Honey', 'Born Free', 'Time Alone Will Tell' but at any given time I could name hundreds more. Milk and Honey is a soulful, haunting moving song and the other two are so powerful and sung with such passion. All performed as only Connie can.

Re: Favorite Songs

Oh, yes, Cora....Milk And Honey is so beautiful.  Her voice is exquisit in this song.  Thanks for mentioning it.

Re: Favorite Songs

paultastic
I agree 'Milk and Honey' has got to be up there with my all time favourites. I remember the first time I heard it..'wow'. I can't believe it didn't chart! Second Hand Love, Kiss Me Goodbye, Al Di La, pretty much all the tracks on Country Music Connie Style, When You Come Home Again, Lonely Again are up there with my favourites too...

Re: Favorite Songs

I also love "Milk and Honey" so wonderfully done by our Connie another one that really gets me is "My Child"
bob

Re: Favorite Songs

bob
'I Have But One Heart' is my favorite Connie song.Some of my other favorite Connie songs are 'My Happiness','Blame it On My Youth','It's Gonna Take Me Some Time','The Impossible Dream','Born Free',and several hundred more,but when i hear 'I Have But One Heart' it seems like Connie is singing it to me.

Re: Favorite Songs

That IS a beautiful song ("I Have But One Heart").

Re: Favorite Songs

chompo7
way too many to narrow it down! i would say my favorite english language song would be "my foolish heart" and my favorite italian would be "time alone will tell".connie you blow me away with that song every time i hear it.i always get goosebumps with that song

joe falbo
12