Favorite Mid Level Charting or Non Charting Singles/ Should've Been Singles

Favorite Mid Level Charting or Non Charting Singles/ Should've Been Singles

garryabhb
What would be your 5 favorite singles released by Connie that missed the top 20? Although generally speaking in the 60's a top 40 hit was considered a success, some of these singles charted much higher in isolated markets....if you have any input on radio action in your local area, please post it for us to read.
Of course, stations with a looser format allowed more time for DJ's favorites....

Mine would be You're Gonna Miss Me, Dreamboat, Jealous Heart, I Was Such A Fool and Your Other Love.

Little Steven (Van Zandt) played Don't Ever Leave Me on his Sunday Night Underground Garage show awhile back.

On my personal should have been singles list, I would add: Quiereme Mucho, Tonights My Night, I Can't Reach Your Heart, No Better Off and I Remember You.

Re: Favorite Mid Level Charting or Non Charting Singles/ Should've Been Singles

Michael C
For the last 30+ years every compilation -mixed cassette or CD i have made (I've actually reverted to using/recording cassette tapes as my music format preference) I have included these 5 /45 rpm issued recordings as  top CF songs that I would have thought would have did better on the charts. At least they all received lots of air time on the local radio stations here in Ontario back in their day and were available.

+Whose Heart Are You Breaking Tonight
+My World Is Slipping Away
+My Heart Cries For You
+Spanish Nights And You
+Lonley Again

I'ii put together 5 "should have been Singles" when there is more time...Merry Christmas to all who venture here- 2015

Re: Favorite Mid Level Charting or Non Charting Singles/ Should've Been Singles

garryabhb
I actually like "Whose Heart Are You Breaking Tonight" a lot....its got that boozy Dean Martin type sing along quality to it...I just watched a video last night of Neil Sedaka singing My World is Slipping Away...his 1981 arrangement is very close to the one Connie used...including harmony vocal.
I think Whoever You Are, I Love You would have been a good shot for the AC charts in 64-65....
and the LP "rock" version of Looking For Love would have been a much better choice for the single
issue over the released 45 version....Looking For Love is my favorite CF Movie...the Be My Love scene is just too hilarious....it would be great to hear Connie's comments on filming that!...I don't like the edited intros on the singles Lonely Again or Somewhere My Love....the intro's are essential to the build up and body of the songs.

Re: Favorite Mid Level Charting or Non Charting Singles/ Should've Been Singles

paultastic
I think i'd go with:

Jealous Heart
For Mama
Don't Ever Leave Me
Love Is Me Love Is You (version where banking vocalists sing the words not 'la la la'
Fallin

And songs that were never released as singles but should have been hits or never charted:

Kiss Me Goodbye
Milk & Honey
Let's Have A Party
Whatever Happened to Rosemarie
The World I Threw Away
Beyond The Hill
I Don't Wanna Play House (although perhaps this was a single, i can't recall)