Favorite LPs

Okay, we already have a topic to discuss our favorite individual songs, now this topic will be to discuss our favorite LPs.

Some of my favorite LPs would be "Award Winning Motiom Picture Hits," "Never On Sunday," "Follow The Boys" and all of her Italian Lps.

Re: Favorite LPs

Eric
Administrator
Right this is a hard one but here goes.
Today's mood would suggest:

Happiness (On Broadway Today)
Love Italian Style
Songs of Les Reed
Jealous Heart

Tomorrow it will proberbly be different

Re: Favorite LPs

Wow, Eric, you hit on my favorites, too (besides the ones I mentioned in my post above).  Sooo hard to choose, isn't it?

Re: Favorite LPs

Shrinksjp
Songs To A Swinging Band
A New Kind OF Connie
Greatest American Waltzes
Love Italian Style - a masterpiece...should have gotten a Grammy
Connie & Clyde
Happiness, On Broadway - A completely different vocal style for Connie, except for The Impossible Dream

Re: Favorite LPs

jeansouth
Administrator
Hard to narrow down, but these are definitely at the top;
Love Italian Style
Songs To A Swinging Band
The Wedding
Connie & Clyde

Re: Favorite LPs

Its so difficult with so many great ones,

Love Italian Style
Happiness on Broadway
A new kind of Connie
Jealous Heart
Songs to a Swinging band

Re: Favorite LPs

Lynne Simons
My favorites are: Never On Sunday
                          Academy Award Winners
                          And all the Italian Ones.

                          But also, Jealous Heart, My Heart Cries For You, Les Reed, Movie greats of the 60s and Broadway,all of which I have on vinyl, but wish were available on CD

Re: Favorite LPs

Once again, Lynne, our tastes seem to be identical!

Re: Favorite LPs

paultastic
OK lets see:

Sings the Songs of Les Reed
The Wedding Cake
Country Music Connie Style
Songs To A Swinging Band
My Heart Cries For You
Jealous Heart

Re: Favorite LPs

Lynne Simons
Yes Fran They sure are. I love movie music, and Connie did them all beautifully in her LPs

Re: Favorite LPs

cora anne
I love all your picks Eric but you know I have to have the Irish one in there and I think all the Spanish albums are incredable. Also Connie and Clyde and the albums of film and show tunes.  Lets face it, anything she touches turns to gold.

Re: Favorite LPs

joeyjosephs
My facorite  Connie Francis albums are
Country music Connie style
International favorites
Jealous heart
Happiness on broadway today
Connie and Clyde
Les reed
But all her albums she recorded were great performances, and Connie gave different vocal styles, a rare talent.

RE: Favorite LPs

alsantillo
This post was updated on .
I am supposed to wait. Until Connie re-releases under her own Label  "Contessa"

bob

Re: Favorite LPs

bob
My favorite Connie lp is 'Jealous Heart'.'A New Kind Of Connie' is a close second.Connie should have won grammys for 'Jealous Heart','A New Kind Of Connie,'Award Winning Motion Picture Hits,'Love Italian Style' and a few more lps.

Re: Favorite LPs "FOUR WALLS" question

Hello to all.....hope everybody is well. "My Heart Cries For You" and "Jealous Heart" are 2 of my favorite LPS. That would make a great 2 on 1 CD!....I am also a Jim Reeves fan, and love Connie's version of "FOUR WALLS"....does anybody know if this track was an edit,  removing the verse that includes "Sometimes I ask why I'm waiting"?...I am hoping there is a compilation in the works that includes Days of Wine & Roses and the songs from side 2 of Follow the Boys on CD. The South African releases from the 80's/90's, Rocksides, and Pendalum & Bear Family satisfied a ton of my wants, but of course some still remain...I thought it was unfortunate that Pendalum issues were released in chronological order and all the English titles were already on the pricey Bear Family sets. That must have hurt sales.

Re: Favorite LPs "FOUR WALLS" question

Eric
Administrator
Hi Garry,
I do so agree with you that “My Heart Cries For You” and “Jealous Heart” would make an excellent 2 on 1 CD release.
As for Connie’s version of “FOUR WALLS” as far as I’m aware it is not an edited version.
My favourite track on “My Heart Cries For You” is “LONLEY AGAIN” this track was also released in an edited form on a single in USA.
I would have loved Pendulum Records to have carried on releasing Connie’s amazing album catalogue on CD.
Just think of all those treasures like “Happiness”, “Love Italian Style”, “Bacharach & David” and “Les Reed” etc. being digitally re-mastered onto CD.
Maybe in the near future “Concetta Records” will be able to release them. They should all be out there and readily available. Connie at her very best.

Re: Favorite LPs

jeansouth
My favorite LP's are all the Italian ones, with "Modern Italian Hits"
topping the list.

Re: Favorite LPs

john h
My favourites so far are
Songs Of Les Reed
Modern Italian Hits
Never On A Sunday

Re: Favorite LPs

Love the duet LP Connie did with Hank Jr. in '64....I am surprised there were not more pairings with other singers released.....she performed so well as a duet with so many other stars on TV....wouldn't it be something if Connie & Hank recorded a 50th Anniversary duet?????