Don't Ever Leave Me

AtlMusicGuy
While I love all of Comnie's music, this one really stands out to me with the harmony and driving beat.  Most of Connies songs are hard to find played on the radio (there is not one oldies station in Atlanta) I always have one of her CDs in my 6 disc stack.  What a beauty, what a voice and what an inspirational woman!

Re: Don't Ever Leave Me

garryabhb
I heard this song on the radio about 2 years ago here in NYC.... Little Steven Van Zandt was hosting a show called (I believe) Underground Garage and I was in the car with a friend and said...Wow! Here is one from way out of left field! Not being on a LP, this song was a later Connie find for me....most likely '71 or '72....(that's when I began to get all the post '63 singles) I loved the B side We Have Something More and knew that one from the first Metro LP.

Back in the early 70's I knew a few much older thirty something hardcore greasers....and although they all tended just to  acknowledge the greatness of the male groups whenever I'd bring up Connie, I would hear that they loved Frankie & Dreamboat.....and the hippy from the UK that worked in one of the Manhattan shops loved Robot Man