Documentary

paultastic
A few weeks ago I watched the A&E Connie documentary. The narrator (Shelley Faberes?) mentions that Connie's voice was affected by nasal surgery in the 60s.  Yet some of my fav Connie performances are after this (Kiss me goodbye, Impossible Dream, the Les Read album, Time Alone Will Tell, Born Free, The Wedding Cake album,  the My Heart Cries For you album.

Re: Documentary

garryabhb
After all these years I never noticed the change at this point....I also enjoy much of the late 60's work and attributed a different sound to newer recording technology....however, I did notice a unfavorable change in recordings made later like Bella and the Who's Happy Now Lp....seems like when Connie returned to performing in the early 80's she had a better range and tone than the earlier attempts in the late 70's....I'm Me Again was a great performance and I thought it should have been a bigger AC hit.
I attended some concerts in the mid 80's to early 90's that were truly remarkable....hopefully, issues from the Concetta camp are still being planned and not far off.

Re: Documentary

paultastic
Hello

Oh wow those concerts would have been great. Any stand out songs you remember. I attended a concert in Birmingham (UK) in 96. I remember a great version of Brother Can You Spare A Dime and the opener being Here Where I Belong.

Re: Documentary

jeansouth
Agreed Paul, those titles sound remarkably good to me as well.

Re: Documentary

yes...basically, it was the same show with a few changes in the 3rd song and one at the end....but My Way, All I See Is You, and always IF I Never Sing Another Song....Malaguena and Exodus were always highlights, as well as Mama and Al Di La....last time I saw Connie in 2008, the hits medley was dropped in favor of complete versions of all the songs and I thought it was a much better presentation...and songs were added that I never heard live before....Follow The Boys, Frankie, Many Tears Ago, My Heart Has A Mind and I believe Second Hand Love....really great performances and a longer chance to relive some memories in the stroll down memory lane..

Re: Documentary

paultastic
I love Second Hand Love so much!

 I recall that Don't Break The Heart That Loves You (my fave No1) didn't get a clap (it only made 39 in the UK charts, for some unknown reason!). The concert ended with If I Never Sing Another Song and a chorus of All I See Is You.  It seemed to go so fast. Great feeling to see someone you've admired, read about, listened to and loved for years stood in front of you.

Re: Documentary

paultastic
I have great taste! ha ha ha….