Connie's USO tour to Vietnam

dotar
On December 1, 1967, I picked up Connie in an Air Force station wagon at the San Francisco
International Airport and brought her and members of her group to Travis Air Force Base to
bring a USO show to Vietnam for 15 days.
 Joe Mazzu was with that group and he sat in the front with me and Connie sat in the back.
 Other members of the group also went to the base in the vehicle with the luggage.

If Connie would liker to respond to this message, my e-mail is:

larrys@metrocast.net.

Re: Connie's USO tour to Vietnam

dotar
Here is the image of the program that Connie signed for me
while at Travis AFB.
                                        Dotar

Re: Connie's USO tour to Vietnam

garryabhb
great to see this! thanks for posting.....if you can remember, can you tell us what songs she sang?
I have only seen Connie from 1985 onwards, and the show remained basically the same, seemingly just changing the 3rd song and the medley right before the closing. I was very pleased the last time I saw
Connie perform in 2008 the hits were performed in their entirety instead of the fast paced medley, and there were hits that I had never heard performed live before (Frankie, Many Tears Ago, Second Hand Love, Follow the Boys, My Heart Has A Mind...) One of my favorite performances was a closing encore of My Way....thanks again!

Re: Connie's USO tour to Vietnam

dotar
I didn't see the show.  I only transported the group from the
San Francisco Airport to Travis AFB where they left for
Vietnam.
               Sorry
                                                                   Larry