Connie Photo on Wall

garryabhb
There is a very entertaining site called LP COVER LOVER that features lots of cheesecake, standout graphic design and strange and interesting art LP covers, as well as LPS depicting phonographs and folks listening to records.....I check it once a week....this week, there is a photo of a RCA label LP issued in Sweden called "Borja Dagen “Med en Schlager” featuring a model laying on a bed listening to her phonograph, and on the wall above the bed is a B&W 8X10 of Connie in the leopard swimsuit from WTBA.....There are many LP covers featured on this site....the only one of Connie's I've seen displayed is the Japanese cartoon like Christmas cover of Connie in a Santa hat w/ the telephone

Re: Connie Photo on Wall

Hi Garry,I checked out the site and here`s one of the covers you mentioned.

Re: Connie Photo on Wall

garryabhb
that is it! Gotta love that fat black MGM Stereo Band on the early releases....according to a Record Label Story history site, it was retired at the beginning of 1960 and replaced with the inward directional arrows on all releases....in 1961 the arrows were retired and the covers were just printed with the word STEREO  and the SE --LP # on the top, and the mono issue #  used at the bottom...one cover slick was pressed and it was applied in either a lower or higher position depending on the fidelity of the LP making only one catalogue # visible....(I always peeled the white back panel top or bottom to  peek at the other #) in 1965 MGM introduced the "sounds better in STEREO" printing in the upper right corner....that was phased out in 1967....I learned all this from that one site....and there are many other "label stories" and design histories for companies other than MGM there.....

And I could always tell the Capitol Record Club issues in my collection and displayed in record shops...
they were the ones with the white spines....Capitol RC (and later Citadel) did not press LPS with wrap around slicks.