Connie In Glasgow Scotland

Margaret Brown
What a thrill it was for my sister & I  to see Connie in Glasgow a few years back. It was a brilliant concert and we enjoyed her singing & entertainment. She has a lovely voice and we wish her the best from SCOTLAND.  Wish she could come back again.

Re: Connie In Glasgow Scotland

Hello Margaret, and welcome to the Forum.  This is interesting because I never knew Connie performed in Scotland.  Can you tell us approximately what year that was and what venue?

Re: Connie In Glasgow Scotland

Margaret Brown
Connie was first in Glasgow in late fifties & she appeared in the Glasgow Empire which is now long gone. It was about 20  years ago or maybe more when  I saw her with my sister in the New Glasgow Concert Hall which is a lovely theatre with great sound.  It was two shows in the one day & was a complete sell out.   So glad I found the Forum.

Thanks Margaret

Re: Connie In Glasgow Scotland

Wow, Margaret, this is VERY interesting!  Thank you so much for giving us the details!

Re: Connie In Glasgow Scotland

Hi Margaret,thanks for informing us regarding Glasgow,Scotland. I also hope
you enjoy the Forum, there are many topic you can participate in.

Re: Connie In Glasgow Scotland

Margaret Brown
Thanks for the welcome, looking forward to reading the posts & taking part once I get used to the forum

Re: Connie In Glasgow Scotland

Eric
Hi Margaret,

I also saw Connie perform her two shows in Glasgow back in May 1996, it was such a thrill.

Did you ever see Connie perform at the Scottish Royal Variety show in front of HRH Queen Elizabeth 2nd and  HRH Prince Phillip Duke of Edinburgh back in 1963?
I have never met or corresponded with anyone who was at that show. I would dearly love to know details of the show and what songs Connie performed besides "What Kind Of Fool Am I"
Eric

Re: Connie In Glasgow Scotland

Margaret Brown
I never saw the concert in 1963 with HRH Queen Elizabeth as I think that would have been special tickets,  It must have been the concert in 1996 that we were at I just could not mind the date.  It was a brilliant show, I was so touched when everyone stood up and clapped as soon as she came on stage, it was such a happy feeling it made you cry.  Thanks   Margaret

Re: Connie In Glasgow Scotland

chris
I remember so well when I met Connie, she was appearing on Thank Your Lucky Stars, in Birmingham, England, back in 1965, she sang "My Child". Afterwards myself and my two friends went back stage, and we met Connie and had a picture taken, such a happy and memorable dayx