CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

"Without further ado, here are the artists who will now be joining them:

• Les Paul. The longtime Mahwah resident, who died in 2009, is best known for helping to invent the electric guitar, but he had many other innovations to his credit, as well as a string of pop hits, and kept delighting nightclub crowds into his 90s.

• Connie Francis. Capable of expressing both innocence and toughness, the Newark native was one of the most popular female vocalists of the ’50s and ’60s, with hits such as “Who’s Sorry Now?” and “Where the Boys Are.”

http://www.nj.com/rockpop-stories/index.ssf/2013/10/nj_rock_pop_hall_announces_its.html

CONGRATULATIONS TO OUR CONNIE WHO IS SO VERY DESERVING OF THIS HONOR FROM HER HOME STATE!

Re: CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

Fantastic news Fran,I have been waiting for this to happen its so deserving for our Connie.I`m sure Connie is thrilled to be entering the New Jersey Hall of Fame her home state,along with Les Paul.
Congrats!!!!

Re: CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

Kevin
Wow this is great news.  So deserving of this and much more.

Kevin

Re: CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

jeansouth
Brava Concetta!!  Much deserved honor from your State of New Jersey.
So pleased for you getting this recognition.

Re: CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

chris
Oh I am so pleased to hear this news, our Connie well deserves this

Re: CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

DebbieDowner
The following are all recipients of the Presidential Medal Of Freedom : Loretta Lynn, Doris Day, Aretha Franklin, Kate Smith, BB King, Bob Dylan, Ella Fitzgerald, Chita Rivera

Of those listed above...Who has entertained the soldiers in Vietnam? Who has always made it a point to perform "God Bless America" at every concert? Who has been a better "Ambassador of American musical  good will" by recording songs in a dozen different languages? Who has worked tirelessly for victims of violent crimes and those suffering with mental health issues?

President Obama, do the right thing....honor Connie Francis

Re: CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

I'LL DRINK TO THAT!!!!

Re: CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

jeansouth
These recipients of the "Medal Of Freedom" can't hold a candle to Connie
and her vast accomplishments and unwavering support of our Soldiers
and mental health.  If anyone ever deserved this honor it is definitely
Connie!

Re: CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

Margaret Brown
I am delighted to hear this news. I have just joined the Forum & will be delighted to catch up with you all

Margaret

Re: CONNIE INDUCTED INTO THE N.J. ROCK & POP HALL OF FAME - 2013

Welcome, Margaret, and enjoy!!