BLUE WINTER

garryabhb
This was always one of my favorite CF songs, and one that I did not have until I swindled Mom into buying me the Golden Archive Series LP for a birthday gift in 1972....I remember as a small child, about
4-5 years old we would go to Berlew's or the Glass House Restaurants in nearby New Jersey, and this song was on both jukeboxes.....One even had the picture sleeve posted in the jukebox as the featured selection...I love the Billy Vaughn style sax solo, and the overall country feel of the song. I later got the 45 when a record store that sold Doo Wop opened here in Staten Island in '74 or so.
All the non charting mid-late 60's Connie 45's were in the sort-it-out yourself bins, while the big hits were mixed in with the alphabetized stock, (protected from theft by a broomstick running thru the center holes of each of about 20 or so 4 foot deep rows of horizontally stored records....you had to call the owner who would release it from behind the counter and remove the record you wanted) and the pic cover 45's were displayed on the wall. The shop lasted about 4 years.

Re: BLUE WINTER

garryabhb
I was just enjoying this song again today....and wonder if there are any other takes in the can featuring
a solo by another instrument other than the saxophone? or alternate vocals?

Re: BLUE WINTER

Andy Watterson
This song has always been special to me, too. It was the first song I heard by Connie that endeared me to her voice and caused me to begin a lifetime devoted to collecting her music. I have the 45 with the  cover photo jacket. I never tire of listening to her and am currently enjoying "Souvenirs" collection on the cd player.