A Connie Francis Concert in Tulare, California

A Connie Francis Concert in Tulare, California

ingramhw
I was in a band that backed Connie Francis at a concert in Tulare, California.....I'm trying to find out WHEN was the concert? Day and Year? It was 1960, 1961, and could have been 1962. The "CHARADES", a local very popular band in Tulare 'opened' for this concert. Ray Baradat was the leader of the Charades.
He is one of my best friends now, but we didn't know each other at the time of the Connie Francis concert.
The band I performed in was a regular size 'stage/big band' called the Fabulous Studio Band from Porterville, CA. (My half-brother is currently the band director of that group, Jim Kusserow)
We've been trying for many years to find the 'date' of this concert. Connie performed that night with her ankle in a cast - I believe she twisted or broke something coming down the ramp of the airplane she flew in.
If there is someone out there with this information I would love to hear from you. We want to re-print a poster/placard of that great entertaining evening!
Another note on the subject: The concert was sponsored by REISIG'S SHOES of Porterville and Visalia, California.
Thank you.
Bill Ingram
Tulare, CA

Re: A Connie Francis Concert in Tulare, California

Hello Bill,We do have many members that are Connie experts so its possible someone can help you I personally have no info to help.I do remember Connie breaking her ankle and still performing and I  believe she was on the Regis Philbin show during that time.I can`t remember what show she was promoting tho.
Good Luck

Re: A Connie Francis Concert in Tulare, California

garryabhb
In 1989, Connie hosted a fan club meet and greet at the 42nd St. GCT Hilton, the next night performed a stunning concert at the Garden State Arts Center in NJ, and I believe she did Westbury the following night...all with a newly acquired broken ankle. I believe she tripped getting off an elevator. I remember that meet and greet well....a boom box was playing the soon to be released Malaco re-recordings of her greatest hits, and many fans were there. All of whom I met for the first time...of course, the troopers flew in from various states (incl. Marilyn from Fla, Jerry from Kansas) and stayed in town for all the shows. She had a matching booty to cover the cast for each outfit....Pearl for the opening segment, Pink for the hits medley with the Poodle skirt, and Red for the fuzzy cuff red gown for the international/ending segment. Connie remained on her feet for most of the performance, but took a seat for the hits medley from Stupid Cupid thru the end....I didn't get to Westbury, but at GSA she performed MY WAY as a encore and it was beautiful. Thank God, I managed to get the American Standards CD that was briefly available with that song on it. It is one of my favorite ever Connie performances. I am still hoping that Concetta Records will start releasing CDs here....there is so much yet to be enjoyed.

Re: A Connie Francis Concert in Tulare, California

ingramhw
This post was updated on .
I wonder if the early 60's accident created a life-long fracture or weak spot that reoccurred in 1989 - some 28 years later?
Still hoping to find an early 60's date in Tulare, California. Thank you for the info.
b.i.

On Saturday, September 6, 2014 11:17 AM, garryabhb [via The Connie Francis Fan Forum]

[...]

Collin98
I am so glad to know about this Connie Francis Concert. It was my desire to attend this event with my friends but I am sad that I couldn’t be a part of this. Anyway, one of my friends is now going to throw a grand party at the most famous venue space nyc. I’ll definitely attend that party. I am so excited to meet my friends after a long time!